As you may have noticed – there has not been much happening here during the last few months! In fact there has been lots of other garden related activity going on, but this has left very little time for Plant Base program development. The current tricky financial conditions mean that priority must be given to short term needs. Though the coding work might slow down, at least the business is secure as it doesn’t owe anything to anyone!
We have recently released our second Android smartphone app – the “Plus” edition of the original PBO Viewer. This adds the advanced search options, with all the selection choices of the “Advanced Search” online database web page.
After many, many hours of coding from last autumn throughout the winter, the new Plant Base progam is finally at a stage where it can be used for some serious testing.
Obviously individual sections have been tested during development, but that doesn’t give an overall view. So I have now started to use the new program to manage updates on the real full scale database. This is a converted copy of the live “master” database and the intention is to take it forward as new master (subject to extensive checking, naturally!). So in effect, all new and updated plant data and pictures are now being enter with Plant Base 2.
We have just released our first application for Android smartphones. This is a fairly straightforward little program that provides a simple front-end to the Plant Base Online web database. More developments in the pipeline!
The daffodils are flowering, the birds are twittering – we decided to have a spring sale on the registration price of Plant Base.
Just for a while, the price of an emailed registration code has been dropped to just 25 GBP, which is the I think is lowest standard price ever. We hope this will generate some cash flow that can go towards current development costs.